October in Denver


So much has happened since I last sat down here to visit.
We sadly had to have my cat put to sleep :(  That is an experience I choose not to dwell on. The only silver lining in the whole thing, was the Kids were able to bring Wally up here and give him back when they visited. So we are still a two pet household, just chihuahuas now.

 Changes keep getting made to the apartment also. I used heavy canvas drop cloths (from Home Depot) and made curtains for most of the windows. Used clip rings. And only had to make a quick hem on each. Total investment was under 100 dollars for three windows and a sliding door.  They really help with the morning sun and afternoon privacy :) I can open the blinds and still get an abundant amount of sunshine.



I am still working on what I have dubbed "The Colorado Beast".
This is going to be a larger than king sized quilt for our queen size bed, lol. Jon wished to have enough drop on each side that neither would pull the cover off of the other. And long enough on top and bottom to tuck under the mattress at the foot, and go over his "pillow fort" at the head. I am having to make it in two sections then will join them by hand. My poor machine just can't handle something this big. The kitchen island is just PERFECT for pin basting! The pictures shows one section. It was very nice NOT to have to crawl around on the floor. And there is a picture of one half laid across the bed. I will not be able to wash this here at the apartment either. Will have to find a laundromat.