The New Sewing Room

Last month Stevie moved out on his own. That meant, finally, after many years I was able to move my sewing area out of the laundry room! No more laundry and no more cat box at my side! Celebration time for sure. It took a full week to prep room. The walls were a deep navy blue that soaked up 3 coats of paint. The nasty old parquet flooring also got a coat of paint. Hung new blinds, then began to move in the fun stuff!
Johnny came over and helped me assemble my new computer desk.
 The room is 10 x 10 and has East and South facing windows. My plants are loving it in here. The East side is my printing and computing wall. Panda's crate is tucked in the corner. And Wally's basket is under the desk. Needless to say the windows attract the cats, so I also have cat beds scattered about the place. Old Man Teddy usually sleeps on the shelf above the crate.
My sewing machine sits smack dab in front to the two large south windows. There are Texas Lilac bushes right outside that the birds just love. Right now they are full of finches! It is easy to scoot my chair from computer to sewing machine. Don't look at it too closely please, the cats have not been kind to it.
 The west wall is taken up with my tool box and a small dresser I have repurposed into a cutting table.
It isn't perfect yet. I need a closet door to protect my stash. Currently a shower curtain is keeping the sun away. The window unit needs to go to the storage closet. And I have another machine with small cabinet to squeeze in here. All in all I am very very happy with it. It is so nice to have things where I can fins them! Not to mention all the light.