Search This Blog


Saturday, September 13, 2014

What's on my desk?

 As you can see right now it is Mooshi. Hasn't he grown?! Hard to believe he only weighed 3 pounds back in March. He does love his kitty snacks.
 if you belong to the FCPatterns Yahoo group, then you already know I am in the process of designing a Gingerbread quilt. The "Moo" is covering up most of my sketches, but I have scads of ideas drawn out and am ready to begin playing in EQ7 with them.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

FatCat Sale!

It is time for a Sale here at FatCat. 
Through September 1 you can use the discount code "blessed" and get 33% off your retail purchase. This offer is good at

Friday, August 15, 2014

Craftsy - Winner's Choice Giveaway

Our friends over at Craftsy are having a quilt kit giveaway! Just click to enter to win, who knows, it might be your lucky day! 
Contest good August 15 - 27, 2014

Which quilt would you love to win? One randomly selected quilter will get to choose their prize, whether it's the starry True Blue Quilt Kit OR the elegant Blue Garden Quilt Kit. (Psst ... the prize also comes with the coordinated backing for the quilt!)

**Only residents of the U.S. and Canada are eligible to enter.**

Enter to win here: Enter to Win a Quilt Kit from Craftsy

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beenleigh Quilters (QLD Australia)

Tonight I was shown a shining example of the generosity of quilters. I will share with you (permission granted) the email and pictures I was Blessed with tonight. I am so very proud of these women!

Thank you for allowing Beenleigh Quilters (QLD Australia) to use your pattern in our charity quilting bee.
We are a club of 150 members. Those members willing to participate were given the background fabric and then appliqu├ęd your car pattern onto the block. When the block was finished, it was returned to be made into the quilts in the photos attached.
At the quilting bee we put together 77 quilt tops then we spent 6 months quilting and binding.
We have now distributed them to charities in our area. One was an aboriginal respite centre for aged care and the another was a centre against domestic violence. Quilts going there were given to women and children who escaped violence with nothing accept what they were wearing.
Once again, thank you.
Your pattern was so popular we had members asking for more squares each time they returned a square. Some ladies making enough blocks for the whole quilt.
Hope to apply for the grant again so may be looking for another pattern next year.

Kind regards,

Charity Organiser
Beenleigh Quilters.